Friday, January 18, 2013

Extra Reading Games

Over the long weekend why don't you sharpen up your reading skills! Being an active reader is so important in learning more vocabulary and helps your imagination grow. I always challenge you to read everyday and make sure it is a book that you can't put down. I love the chills of a good ending or a surprise twist in the story. Or, when I scream out loud because I can't believe a character did something in my story and I scare my cat!
 I want you do love reading and find books that keep your attention. Cuddling up with a great chapter book on a frigid day like today is the perfect end to my week. Now, many of you enjoy books, but there are other ways to keep your reading skills strong and kicking.  Therefore, while you enjoy your time off from school, read a little, and then play a few games!

Pie in face-multiple meaning game
Create words-gem hunt
Comprehension Games

Click on the 'skills' to practice each skill-author's purpose, cause/effect, compare/contrast.
All Reading Skills


1 comment: